21st International Farm Management Congress - July 2017
The 21st International Farm management congress took place in Edinburgh between the 2nd and 7th July 2017.
The 2017 Congress President was HRH The Princess Royal and the event was based at the John McIntyre Conference Centre and organised by IAgrM and SRUC.
This website is now being used as an access point for those who attended the Congress so they can access the presentations that had were during the week.
The theme of the 2017 Congress was ‘Future Farming Systems’ and the IFMA Congress provided, an opportunity for farm management professionals from around the world to meet, learn from guest speakers and share knowledge;
The 2017 IFMA Congress structure was:
- Formal conference on the Monday, Wednesday and Friday Mornings with 22 speakers making presentations.
- Contributed Papers and workshops on the Monday and Wednesday afternoons with 83 papers being presented to the delegates.
- Poster displays and presentations took place on Monday and Wednesday.
- On Tuesday and Thursday the attendee had the opportunity to visit farming businesses in Scotland with a choice of 8 field trips being available.
- Partners tours and visits took place on the Monday and Wednesday and a full social program took place in the evenings.
- 70 people attended the Pre Congress tour which started on the 25th June in Windsor and made its way via farming businesses arriving in Edinburgh on the 1st July 2017.
- 355 people registered for the Congress with over 275 attending the full 5 days of the Congress.
- It was a truly international Congress with attendees from; Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Kenya, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA, Yugoslavia.
- This started on the 8th July and saw the 39 attendees visiting farming businesses in Scotland and returning to Edinburgh on the 14th July 2017.
2019 IFMA Congress:
The 22nd IFMA congress will be taking place in Tasmania with the theme of ‘Growing Agriculture @ 41 Degrees South’ and details of the Congress and how to register can be found at: http://www.ifma22.org